A mobile application, widely known as a mobile app or app is a computer program designed to run on a mobile device like a phone, tablet, or watch. Today there are millions of apps that have been developed and actively used by people all over the world. Though it was originally intended for productivity assistance such as email, calendar, and contact databases, the public demand for apps caused rapid expansion into other areas such as mobile games, factory automation, GPS and location-based services. With millions of apps being delivered as free or paid apps from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android), the mobile app sector is getting more and more competitive by each passing day.
The development of mobile applications requires consideration of device constraints and a wide array of screen sizes. Mobile devices run on batteries and have a less powerful processor than personal computers while having more features such as location detection, cameras, and other sensors. The user interface (UI) design is another important aspect as its primary goal is for an understandable, user-friendly interface.
Types of mobile applications:
- Native apps: Apps targeted towards Apple or Android platform requiring a separate app for each platform
- Hybrid apps: Apps that are built with a single code base but can be delivered to multiple platforms
- Web-based apps: Web application that has been optimized for mobile screens and user-friendliness
Benefits of Mobile Application:
- Mobile App is a faster alternative to web browsing with offline support
- Increases brand visibility as the application is always present in the device of a user
- Helps streamline connectivity and increase customer engagement
- Reduces operation cost and staff workload of an organization
Get a Mobile Application for your business Contact Us